Saturday, June 26, 2010

Girls on Vacay

My BFF from CO, Robyn, came to visit for 4 days. We had sooooooooo much fun! We took a girls' trip with Brittany and Emma to Mystic Seaport, CT. It is such a quaint New England town! Here are my girls, Brittany and Emma, on the pier...
...and then the 3 of us. The wind was desperately trying to remove the hair from my head, which would not have been a good look for me! LOL
Mystic is home to Mystic Pizza, the name of and setting for the famous movie which launched Julia Roberts' career. The pizza was delicious! My favorite was the chicken, gorgonzola, and artichoke pizza.
Robyn and I tried a local Mystic beer, which was perfect with the pizza!
Here are a few views from the drawbridge.
During dinner at the S&P Oyster Company, we sat on the patio and soaked in the sun, breeze, and view.
Emma and Robyn got such a kick out of watching the drawbridge rise.
We we so delighted to see this swan family!
And this little guy had us worried~we thought its
leg was broken until he flipped it back over and swam away. Too funny!
This was the best view of the day~Miss Emma wearing her mommy's sunglasses. She makes my heart smile!
This fountain was in our hotel parking lot. Emma loved making wishes as she tossed in pennies. I wondered what this little 3-year-old girl wished for...
...her answer was, "My mommy and Giffy and Robyn." Did I mention that she makes my heart smile?

Have a delightful Sunday!

3 comments:

arlene said...

Sorry I've been MIA lots on the plate. - Looks like you had a grand time in Mystic, such a fun place to visit.

Can I tell you how much I absolutely LOVE your new hair cut, it looks awesome.

Don't know when you are leaving for CA, but we are definitely getting together soon.

HUGS!!

Amber said...

That's it, I'm coming to visit! Besides the beautiful pictures (I love the water!) that beer looks super yummy, lol!

Christy Lynn said...

I love the pictures Vicki! When Amber comes to visit, I'm tagging along too :) Imagine how much fun the three of us would have...and how much trouble we could get into together!! Our husbands should be afraid, very afraid!