Friday, June 4, 2010

Baby Book

It's been nearly a month since I posted anything craft-related. I 've been busy working on three baby scrapbooks. I finally finished the first one! Actually, all three are the same except for the covers and first few pages.

This scrapbok is for my sweet friend, Paloma, and her baby girl, Alexa, who was born in January. The titles are all in Spanish, which was really fun to do~I learned a lot! These are the front and back covers. Alexa's room is purple and is decorated with butterflies. The title is very hard to see in this photo, but it shows up well in real life. It reads, "Primer Ano de Alexa," which means "Alexa's First Year."
The title is hard to see in this photo, too. It says, "Pequena Princesa" which means "Little Princess." These are for the photos of Alexa's arrival.
Next, I made a 2-page layout for each month.
I made a 4-page layout for December so that there would be extra room for Christmas photos.
This title says "First Christmas."
I also made a 4-page layout for her birthday photos. This title says "One Year Old."
I used CTMH and SU paper, with a few solids by Bazzill. I cut all of the titles and die cuts with my Cricut. Man, do I love that machine! Most of the stamps I used were by Tiddly Inks, with a few CTMH, Unity, and SU ones in the mix.

I can't take much credit for this project~I borrowed, with permission, this idea and the layouts from my dear friend, Christy. She did all of the creative genius work~I just changed up the paper and embellishments. Christy, thank you for being my brain and for letting me copy your beautiful project. Thanks, too, for being such a sweet friend!

3 comments:

arlene said...

Your book is gorgeous. I'm working on one of these too. (hence the learning how to use the cricut finally).

How did you get your pictures to photograph so spectacular? I may have to "borrow some of your layout ideas. Have a couple of months left to do. Hopefully I'll finish before she has the baby.

Hope you enjoyed your time with Keaton. I'll talk to you soon.

Christy Lynn said...

I think the book looks fabulous, Vicki!! To borrow a line from American Idol (which I don't watch), you totally "made it your own" :D

Lori said...

Wow. That is adorable. Didn't know you were so fluent in Spanish. But that shouldn't surprise me. Great job.