Monday, April 26, 2010

San Juan, Part 1


Here Rick is standing in a Sentry house.
This is the view from the sentry house towards downtown San Juan.
This is an artillery shell left embedded in the fort wall (this is an interior view) from when the United States took control of the fort in the late 1800's.
The exterior walls intrigued me, especially where I saw plants growing right out of the stone.
The living quarters in the fort basically consisted of a several rooms connected by archways. I like this shot taken from the first room.
This is the view from the front of the fort. The yellow building is the Art Museum of the Americas, formerly the housing area for soldiers in the late 1800's.
That's it for now. I really need my coffee! LOL I'll be back tomorrow with more photos of San Juan. I hope you have a fabulous Monday!

1 comment:

arlene said...

Yeah to the start of what turned out to be a fabulous week. What a terrific idea to drive to NY and fly from there. I would have never thought of that.

The old forts in San Juan are incredible and the views from your room are breathtaking.

But-WELCOME BACK!!!! (yes I did the pictures a little backwards)