Thursday, April 8, 2010

Belated Easter Wishes

Here's my Easter card for this year. I didn't get to make nearly as many as I had planned. Note to self: next year, make a simpler card! LOL (I used two stamp sets: CTMH's He Is Risen and SU's Refuge & Strength. The paper, ink, ribbon, and button are from PTI~Vintage Cream, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, and Lemon Tart.)
Rick's sister, Joan, and her kids came for Easter weekend. Even though her kids are much younger than mine, they are cousins. I guess that makes them Emma's second cousins. But since that whole first/second cousin thing could totally confuse Emma (as it does most people), we just go with Zack and Rachel.
Apparently Emma was pleased with her Easter basket!
She was even more pleased that Mommy let her eat some candy for breakfast!
Of course Giffy and Papa had to give Emma an Easter present! Two presents, actually: a super snuggly bunny) and Bitty Baby's raincoat. Emma loves to play in the raincoat her Uncle Bill and Lori sent to her for her birthday, so, of course, Bitty Baby needed one, too!
Emma is learning to pose when I pull out my camera. Since my camera is basically attached to my hand almost as much as my iPhone, that means she's constantly posing for me! LOL Here she is being silly. The rockin' sunglasses are from Aunti Kristin and Uncle Dave. And check out her little expression as she modeled her curls and tried to walk in my shoes!
What would Easter be without an Easter egg hunt? Ususally the hunt takes place indoors because Easter in New England is typically cold. But this year it was in the 80's!
It was fun to buy an Easter dress this year! As I said, it's usually quite cold on Easter here, so spring attire is rarely worn. But as soon as I heard the forecast, I went shopping! I like this photo of us, but I miss my boys. Neither one could make it home from college for the short weekend. Thankfully, the Easter bunny delivered their baskets to them! I feel better knowing that they had Easter chocolate for breakfast! Ha ha!
Hope you enjoyed a blessed Easter!

4 comments:

Lori said...

What a beatiful photo of you and your family. I love my card. Thank you so much. And, I appreciate all the hard work that you put into it.

Amy said...

Looks like you had a beautiful Easter! What a beautiful family you have! Thanks for sharing!

Sparkle said...

Such a lovely card! Love Emma's green dress.

arlene said...

I have been such a bad commenter lately. Have I told you lately I loved the card, I was wondering which sets you used. My overcrowded brain has forgotten to properly Thank you.

It was gorgeous on Easter who would have thought. What a nice surprise, hope that weather returns soon & stays. Emma is as cute as ever and what a fantastic picture of you guys.

I'll talk to you soon. HUGS!!!