Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's The Beeez Kneeez Blog Hop!

I told you that you'd be seeing more of this awesome kit today! (BTW, there are only 5 of these kits left, so if you want one click here.)

I am so excited to be part of this blog hop! You should have come to me from Ashley. If not, you can catch up on what you've missed at the bottom of this post.

When I first opened my Beeez Kneeez kit, I thought I'd be making lots of cards with it. But as I was working on my first card (posted yesterday), I just knew that I had to use the kit to make a scrapbook layout of my 3-year-old granddaughter, Emma!

When Brittany (my daughter) was pregnant, she showed her middle-school students her first ultrasound photos. They thought that the baby looked like a jellybean. They created a little "Countdown to Jellybean" poster marking off the days. So "Jellybean" became the baby's official nickname. After Emma was born, Brittany changed her nickname to "Emmabean." Hence, the title "Emmabeen" on the page~and doesn't that fit perfectly with the goodies from this kit? Besides, I can never pass up an opportunity to scrapbook my sweet little darlin'!
Everything on this layout is from the Beeeez Kneeez kit, except for the base papers (which are CTMH Sunflower), the photo mats (which are CTMH Garden Green), the yellow Stickles on the bees, and the VersaMagic Gingerbread Chalk Ink I used for distressing. The photos were all taken in my backyard. It's nice to have a grandchild as my excuse to own a swingset! LOL My favorite photo is the one of Emma admiring her new sandals.

Thanks for stopping by! Now BUZZ on over to Stephanie's blog!

Here's the complete blog hop list in case you need it:


Have a BEEutiful day!

21 comments:

de said...

Amazing LO! Really shows how versatile the kit is!

Sherry Campbell said...

Awesome Layout! LOVE it!

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow! Gorgeous and stunning layout Vicki! Beautifully done! What a cutie you have there!

Robynccgirl said...

What a beautiful layout! Your gran daughter is too cute!

VAWM said...

These LO are adorable! Your grand daughter is just as cute as can be!

FibreJunky said...

She is adorable and your layout is awesome!! My youngest daughter was nicknamed Jellybean in utero, so I like the story especially.

Angie Blom said...

Amazingly sweet layout. Love it all!!

lillianchild said...

what a cutie patootie! Really sweet layouts Vicki!

Christi said...

Wowza!! What a gorgeous layout!!!

Cheryl said...

Cute, cute, cute layout. I love this kit.

Amy said...

What an adorable layout! Loved seeing the kit used this way! Thanks so much for joining the hop today!!

karen In Houston said...

Fantastic layouts, and i agree there is so much in the kits you can use the product for anything not just cards......

Martha said...

just amazing.

Vel said...

Oh my gosh, look how you used the kit for LOs...that's awesome! Love your work!

Sparkle said...

Such a darling layout! And what a cute story!

StampinCathy said...

The layout is fabulous. Love all the details.

Debby/Darthy said...

Holy fantastic layout! This is really awesome. This is just the inspiration I need to make a layout with some of my kit. great work

kmassman said...

BEE-utiful layout!

Jenn Joncas said...

It's great to see layouts done with this pack, thanks Vicki!! Emmabean is a cutie!!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

Oh my goodness! What a sweet layout! I love love love it! Your pictures are just darling! And the bees look perfect on this!

Amber said...

Vicki this is one amazing layout! I can't believe I missed it, totally rockin chicki! Hey I wanted to tell you I really love it and appreciate it when you come visit me on my blog! You really brighten my day:) Wish we lived closer, I'd totally want you to be my BFF:) MWAH!