Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gifts from Lebanon

Brennan recently traveled to Lebanon to visit his best friend from college. He had an awesome trip! He really enjoyed exploring a different culture in such detail. He can't wait to go back!

I have a small collection of jewelry boxes from around the world. I have them from Italy, South Korea, Russia, Belize, and Hawaii. Brennan brought me this beautiful box from Lebanon. The wood is hand-inlaid. It is beautiful!
I am sure you've heard of the famous Cedars of Lebanon. Brennan said that cedar trees basically grow like weeds there, much like the tall pines in New England. He brought me this sign made from cedar. Not only is it beautiful, but it smells good, too!
Thank you for thinking of your old mama, Brennan!

3 comments:

Sparkle said...

I love the box! So lovely!

Christy Lynn said...

What beautiful presents! Good job kid :)

arlene said...

These are beautiful. Glad to see he had a geat time.

I'll have to remember the jewelry box thing for future reference.