Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Welcome to Stamping Bella's Show & Tell Challenge for January!

"When it snows, ain't it thrilling,
Though your nose gets a chilling
We'll frolic and play, the Eskimo way,
Walking in a winter wonderland."
(Copyright 1934 by Richard B. Smith.)

Yes, it's the middle of winter. I live in New England, and for me this time of year is, indeed, a winter wonderland!

This month's challenge is three-fold: 1) Make a card using the theme "Winter Wonderland." Use a winter-themed stamp by Stamping Bella (or any Stamping Bella stamp), as well as winter-themed paper and/or wintry colors. 2) Use ink to "distress" you paper edges. You can view a brief tutorial on ink distressing here. 3) Go back to the challenge thread and tell describe which ink-distressing method you used.

You can participate in this challenge here. On Thursday, January 14th, a winner from among the challenge participants will be randomly drawn and announced in the challenge thread. The winner will receive a $15 gift voucher to Stamping Bella!

I used Stamping Bella's Glideabella~since skating is my favorite thing to do, she was perfect for this challenge! I distressed my image and sentiment edges with SU Chocolate Chip ink. (Supplies.)

BTW, thanks to Rachel for a great tutorial!

"Later on, we'll conspire,
As we dream by the fire
To face unafraid,
The plans that we've made,
Walking in a winter wonderland."

Happy New Year and Happy Winter!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

I love this, love the colors you chose!

Sparkle said...

This is just darling!

arlene said...

Great card, Why am I not surprised you used this Bella for the winter.

I know I'll play, the goal however is to actually upload it on time. Lol!