Friday, October 23, 2009

A Breath of Autumn Air

The old saying goes, "Stop and smell the roses." Life gets so busy that we easily forget to be thankful for the blessings that surround us. Since today will likely be the last day for "leaf hunting" in my area (we are supposed to get 2" of rain tomorrow, which will sureluy strip most of the leaves off of the trees), I decided to "stop and view the leaves" while I had the chance. When I took the time to view things from the perspective of my camera lens, I was left breathless. How can I be surrounded by such beauty and neglect to breathe it in? Here are the photos I took of my the autumn splendor surrounding my house.
The view from my front porch.
The view from the back deck.
My favorite photo, taken from my front porch!
Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with this beautiful scenery! A breath of autumn air is, indeed, good for my soul.

3 comments:

Sparkle said...

Such pretty leaves! It's pouring here already today...lol. Have a great weekend!

arlene said...

More gorgeous fall photos. You're right about todays rain "ruining the views". I'm hoping to take some final fall photos tomorrow. (If there are any left)

Laurel said...

Wow, gorgeous!