Friday, October 2, 2009

Hangin' in Berkeley

Last weekend, Rick and I visited Keaton at UC Berkeley. The weather was spectacular! I have never seen such a clear day in the Bay Area. There's a great rock climbing spot near his apartment. Here's Keaton R & R-ing on the rock. Check out the view of San Francisco!
We toured the UC Berkeley campus. Rick attended UC Berkeley nearly 30 years ago. A lot has changed since then, but it's still a beautiful campus! Here's the fampous clock tower, the 3rd tallest in the world. The tallest is Big Ben, and it's only 9 feet higher.
This is the view from the observation deck of the clock tower.
A few more shots of the campus.
Rick and Keaton
The campus library is home to some original Mark Twain manuscripts. I studied Twain in grad school, so I just had to have my photo taken with him. This is my great-niece, Lexi. She's precious!
My brother and his family met us for lunch in Berkeley. Here I am with Bill.
This is my SIL, Lori (aka scrapinglori on SCS).
Here are Keaton with his cousins (Bill and Lori's kids), Jennifer and Ryan.
This is Jennifer with her husband, Ryan, and their daughter, Lexi.
Ryan and his girlfriend, Katie.
Bill and Lori
What a fun day!

3 comments:

Sparkle said...

Looks like a great time! Wish I could still have some nice weather!

Lori said...

What great pictures...and wonderful memories.

arlene said...

Great photos. Glad you had fun in California, and how cute is your grand-niece.