Thursday, September 3, 2009

Girls Just Want to Have Fun...

Welcome to Stamping Bella's Show and Tell Challenge for September!

My sister-in-law recently attended a 1980's-themed party. We reminisced about the wild clothes, the big hair, and the funky music from back then. Who can forget Cyndi Lauper's wild outfits, multi-colored hair, and her recording of Girls Just Want to Have Fun?

"Some boys take a beautiful girl
And hide her away from the rest of the world
I want to be the one to walk in the sun
Oh girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun
That's all they really want
Some fun
When the working day is done
Girls--they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun"
(copyrighted by Robert Hazard)

This month's challenge is to show me what you and your girlfriends do to have some fun! Use any Stamping Bella stamp. For an extra bit of flair, throw in some some '80's-ish colors and/or DP! After submitting your card to the SCS BSAT4 gallery, go back to the challenge thread. Tell me what you like to do when you want to have some fun! Also share a memory and/or photo of your funkiest clothes or hair style, one from the '80s if you experienced them. I want to see your Cyndi Lauper moment! (If you don't know who Cyndi Lauper is, click here for a sneak peek.)

For my own card, I used ohsoprettybella by Stamping Bella. My daughter and I are recent converts to Bare Escentuals. We love to go play in that store! There is one in our local mall, right above Starbucks. Between the two stops, we can have a most delightful outing! For my card, I used soft colors, reminiscent of the Miami Vice colors that were all the rage in the 1980's. I colored Bella's hair to look like big 1980's hair! The inside sentiment reads, "It's a girl thing!" (Supplies.)
As for my Cyndi Lauper moment: here is a photo of me and my daughter in 1985. Yup, my hair was spiked and had some really blonde streaks! Check out those huge earrings. They were purple and black geometric shapes. And yes, I was wearing black leggings under that grossly oversized, purple sweater. I am glad that I don't have a picture of the whole outfit! LOL
You can participate in this challenge here. A winner randomly drawn from among the participants will receive a $15 gift voucher to Stamping Bella!

And remember...
"Girls--they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun."

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Cute card and picture! Weren't the 80s fun!

Jenn said...

So cute Vicki...I just love the
80's!!!

P.s...I finally got your b-day card in the mail today. So sorry it's gonna be late.

Hugs,
Jenn

Sparkle said...

What a darling card! I love BE too!

Lori said...

OMG. Love the hair cut!!! I remember those leggings and oversized shirts...think flash dance. lol. It's a good thing that we don't dress like that today or we would probably weigh 300 lbs....elastic waistband.lol