Thursday, August 6, 2009

These Are a Few Of My Favorite Things...

Welcome to Stamping Bella's Show and Tell Challenge for August!

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things..."

Who can forget this delightful song from The Sound of Music? And let's face it~if you love Stamping Bella, then you also love "brown paper packages tied up with strings," especially the ones delivered by UPS!

This month's challenge is to show me at least two of your favorite things! You can use your favorite Stamping Bella stamp, your favorite colors, your favorite paper, your favorite embellishment, your favorite sketch, your favorite pens or pencils, etc. You must use a Stamping Bella image, but you can use any paper, tools, and embellishments. Feel free to use this sketch, which I copied from my SIL, Lori (scrapinglori).

For my own card, I used Kissieface (by Tiddly Inks for Stamping Bella). Today, my husband and I are celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary. Since being married to Rick is my most favorite thing of all, I had to show that on this card! We became friends in the 9th grade and began dating in the 12th grade. Yes, I actually married my prom date! LOL Even though we have three adult children and are grandparents now, at heart we are still the lovestruck teenagers from 1980. We may not look like this image anymore, but we certainly feel like it! In addition to Rick, my favorite things to use on cards are purple and bling! (Supplies.)
You can participate in this challenge here. A winner randomly drawn from among the participants will receive a $15 gift voucher to Stamping Bella!

And remember...
"When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad."

Happy 26th anniversary, Rick! I love you...

6 comments:

Christi said...

I love your favorite things! This is too cute!!!

pat said...

WAY CUTE!! love your card and the stroy behind it!! can't wait to play.

Christy Croll said...

Congratulations on living such a love story! :) You are too gorgeous (and young) to be a granny. LOL I am sure Emma and Rick think so too. :)
XOXOXO

arlene said...

Your card is great. Congrats on your anniversary.

arlene said...

Your card is great. Congrats on your anniversary.

Christy Lynn said...

I hate not having Internet connection for even a day or two, I missed when this challenge was posted! Maybe I'll actually get to stamp some tomorrow...won't be able to next weekend since we'll be moving and all that :p Super cute card Miss Vicki, and congratulations to you and Rick! In a couple months, Ree and I will celebrate our sixth anniversary, so we will have been together a total of nine years...working up to a decade ;)