Saturday, August 1, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Pinky issued a wonderful challenge for BSBC2 on SCS! The theme was "How Does Your Garden Grow?" The challenge was to make a scrapbook layout or card following these rules:
1) Use at least one image from the Stamping Bella line of stamps.
2) Use at least one photo of a garden, flower, or plant.
3) Use at least one title or sentiment.

Unfortunately, I don't have a beautiful garden. I live in the country without any property fences. A deer family (two adults weighing about 350 pounds each and their fawn), a red fox, beavers, wild turkeys, rabbits, chipmunks, owls, hawks, and a bald eagle are my neighbors. My garden is their farmer's market! So my yard is mostly wild vegetation.

However, one of my favorite places to go is the Boston Public Garden (the first in the country), especially in the spring when the tulips are in full bloom. That's where we spent Mother's Day, and the photos were perfect for this challenge. It turned into a 4-page spread~two of the garden and two of our celebration at home.
I used Bella, Olive, Hollyhock, and Smokey Plum paper by CTMH. The stamp is Papillon Ketto by Stamping Bella. I used the Cricut Storybook cartridge for the titles, then pained them with Shimmerz Pixie Dust.

In proofreading this post, I realized that I put 2008 instead of 2009! Grandma brain~that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Off I go to make a 9! LOL

1 comment:

arlene said...

What absolutely gorgeous pictures of the public garden. Isn't that place beautiful in the spring time?

The only thing you missed showing everyone are the swan boats. Which I haven't done since I was a kid. Maybe one of these days.