Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes...

...and taking my granddaughter to Disneyland for the first time was a dream come true!

Here, Emma and I are sharing my favorite treat: a frozen banana! I have loved these since I was a little girl and my parents bought them for me at Disneyland.
I love the look on Emma's face as she was checking out Tigger's paws.
I LOVE this one!
When we boarded the Jungle Cruise ride, the tour guide asked, "Who's ready for danger?" Emma immediately raised her hand!
I love this photo because of the hat~it's a Boston Red Sox hat with ladybugs! I found it in FL when we went for a few Red Sox Spring Training games. Check out the dots inside of the bill. Too cute!
Okay, back to Disney stuff. Ahh, the Dumbo ride! Emma enjoyed being the pilot, even if her Giffy did get a bit dizzy. Guess that's what happens when you're a grandma. LOL
Emma met the Queen from Snow White.
Emma and Brittany shopping on Main Street.
Emma lasted for 13 hours except for this 15-minute nap on Papa.
Emma loved It's a Small World. She calls it "the doll ride."
Hangin' with Uncle Brennan in line.
Chillin' with Giffy and Papa.
All tuckered out back at the hotel. She's snuggled up with her stuffed Tinkerbell, compliments of Uncle Mark and Aunt Nicole.
The only disappointing thing about Disneyland is that the princesses no longer walk around the park. Instead, they all congregate at a place called The Royal Walk. You can walk through this exhibit and meet seven of the princesses. The only problem is that the wait was two hours long! Needless to say, we didn't wait. Two hours is just too long for a toddler and for a Giffy. But while we were shopping in the princess boutique at the end of the walk, Jasmine, Belle, and Ariel walked past. Ariel blew Emma a kiss~Emma was thrilled!

While at the boutique, I felt that it was my duty as her Giffy (aka grandma) to buy her a princess dress. She chose Aurora's. Since I was buying the dress, I figured I should buy the matching shoes. I mean, have you ever seen a barefoot princess? Of course not! Since I was buying the shoes, I couldn't resist the matching purse and gloves. Really, when a princess goes out, she must have her handbag and gloves, right? That's the only proper way to leave the castle! Then there was the tiara. Every princess wants a tiara. Every princess dreams of a tiara. Every princes needs a tiara. After all, it's what sets her apart from the pretend princesses. And what good is the tiara without the scepter, especially a scepter that has a glittery, purple, illuminated handle? So yes, this Giffy bought her little princess the whole kit and kaboodle, and then some! But I did buy it all two sizes too big so that it will last for several years. I tried to appease my husband with this brilliant strategy as I took out the mortgage to pay for the ensemble. LOL But this moment, when she adorned it all at my mom's house the next day, made it worth every penny! Papa agreed.
Here are a few "artsy" ones I took.


Here's a short clip:
video
Being Emma's Giffy is a blessing beyond measure. My heart could make no sweeter wish than this...

4 comments:

arlene said...

How precious is this. What a wonderful time you must have had. A magical time by all.

Lovey the princess outfit. Did she get the matching "princess earrings" too?

I hope you are enjoying your vacation.

Laurel said...

Wow, fun stuff! Beautiful little princess!

Christy Lynn said...

Emma picked the princess from MY favorite Disney movie...or at least one of my top three...although I think I'm more a fan of Maleficent than anything. She looks so adorable!! I've never seen Maleficent walking around the park, I would love to have a pic with her...dude, between you and Liz I *really* want to go back to the Happiest Place on Earth! Although Target is a good second place...

Lori said...

What great pictures. Love the princess costume...I did the same thing only it was Snow White. But, a princess has to have it all...and I'm speaking of you. lol. By the way, you look fabulous!!!