Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Little Less Hard Time, A Little More Bliss

Welcome to my second Bella's Show and Tell Challenge!

Monday, hard to wake up
Fill my coffee cup, I'm out the door
Yeah, the freeway's standing still today
It's gonna make me late, and that's for sure
I'm running out of gas and out of time
Never gonna make it there by nine
There's gotta be something more
Gotta be more than this
I need a little less hard time
I need a little more bliss...
(written and copyrighted by Sugarland)

Does this sound familiar? If you are a fan of country music, then you surely recognize these lyrics. And who hasn't had a day like this? My challenge for you this month is to make a card showing what you do when you need a little less hard time and a little more bliss. Do you garden? Do you listen to music? Read a book? Take a bath? Go shopping? Stamp? Whatever it is, I want to see it! So peruse your collection of Stamping Bella stamps, and make a card that shows what you do (or would like to do) for a little more bliss!

For my own card, I used Alexis' Bad Hair Day (by Tiddly Inks for Stamping Bella). When I have a rough day, I love to put on my favorite worn-out, funky jammies (Nick & Nora flannels), my robe, and my slippers. I curl up in my chair with my dogs and watch one of my favorite TV shows (the Red Sox, Law & Order, or The Closer), read one of my favorite books (anything by Jane Austen, F. Scott Fitzgerald, or James Michener), or watch one of my favorite chick flicks (You've Got Mail, Sweet Home Alabama, or Miss Potter). So this stamp is perfect for me! The glitter is a very luscious purple, even though it looks blue here. (Click here to see my supply list.)
At 9:00 PM EST on July 15th, I will randomly draw a winner from among the challenge participants. The prize is a $15 gift voucher to Stamping Bella! To be eligible, you must post your card in the SCS BSAT2 gallery by 9:00 PM EST on July 15th. I will randomly draw a winner at that time, and will post the winner in the challenge thread on the morning of Thursday, June 16th. Click here to participate in this challenge.

P.S. I apologize in advance if this tune gets stuck in your head, but happy humming while you stamp!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

She is too darn cute! Love the glittery robe, who wouldn't want one like that!?

Lori said...

This is so cute. Love the bathrobe. That's what I'm doing today...got cramps. This will be a fun challenge to do. Can't wait to get started.

pat said...

She is darling!! love the flowers.

arlene said...

Great card and great challenge. I will so play this one even though I can't "reuse" my underwatergoddessabella for 2 of your challenges. LOL I actually do have another one in mind.

My favorite part is the slippers. I think I need glittery ones instead of my New England Patriot football ones. (I feel for the Patriots the way you do about the Red Sox)

Oh yeah! We are supposed to finally have sun again this weekend. Enjoy.