Thursday, June 4, 2009

Who Are You?

I am quite excited! I am honored to be a member of the brand spankin' new and totally cool team of Splitcoast Sistahbellas! (Stamping Bella's new forum team on SCS.) We've been shakin' things up on the forum. In addition to this fabulous and talented team of ladies, we've got new challenges and monthly events. We also have an exciting new twist for the weekly challenges: there will be a winner for each weekly challenge, and the prize is a $15 Gift Voucher to Stamping Bella! So come hang out with the Splitcoast Sistahbellas, have some FUN, and earn a chance to go shopping at Stamping Bella!

Each month, I will host a thematic challenge called Bella's Show and Tell Challenge. Each challenge will have two parts. First, you will make a card based on a specific theme. Second, you will briefly explain your interpretation of the challenge. Here's the first Bella's Show and Tell Challenge:

Well, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
Tell me, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
'Cause I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
(written and copyrighted by The Who)

If you are a fan of CSI or of the rock band The Who, then you surely recognize these lyrics This month's challenge is to make a card showing who you are~as a woman, a wife, a daughter, a mother, a sister, a friend, a dreamer, a career woman, etc.~anything that defines you. After you upload your card to this SCS BSAT1 gallery, go back to this thread and briefly describe your card, specifically how it represents you. Thus, you will show and tell!

It's time to look through your stash of Stamping Bella stamps and select the perfect stamp that answers the questions, "Who Are You? Who, who, who, who?" 'cause I really wanna know! 

For my own card, I used Bookwormabella. I love to read. I have a BA in English. I taught the 2nd and 3rd grades emphasizing literacy. Since I was 8 years old, it has been my life's dream to be a children's author, and now I am. Books are as important to me as breathing, or at least pretty close, so this stamp is perfect for me! (Click here to see my supply list.)
At 9:00 PM EST on June 10th, I will randomly draw a winner from the challenge participants. To be eligible, you must post your card in the SCS BSAT1 gallery by 9:00 PM EST on June 10th. I will randomly draw a winner at that time, and will post the winner here and in the challenge thread on the morning of Thursday, June 11th. Click here to participate in this challenge. 

P.S. I apologize in advance if this tune gets stuck in your head, but happy humming while you stamp!

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Perfect card!

Janet said...

great card and great challenge:)
hugs

Lori said...

What a fun challenge. Can't wait to try it. You and I think so much a like. I had wanted to mention something to you, but let it go. I was thinking of having us dress up as our favorite Bella character, Tiddlyink, etc and posting a picture. I remember that song...and now have it stuck in my head. lol.

Sparkle said...

Your card is darling! I love all the pink!

I've had the song stuck in my head for weeks, lol.

Angie Williams said...

So awesome!! Looking forward to the new challenges!

pat said...

Love your card! I can't wait to play.