Friday, June 26, 2009

Me and My BFF, Robyn!

Pinky is hosting a fabulous new challenge in the SCS Stamping Bella Forum. It's called Bella's Scrapbook Challenge, which you can see here. The inaugural challenge was to make a scrapbook page featuring your BFF, using at least one photo, one title, one journaling piece, and one Stamping Bella image. Mine turned out to be a four-page spread, and I am "Tickled Pink" with it! (I used the CTMH Tickled Pink Scrapbooking Kit. The image is Best Friends Forevah by Tiddly Inks for Stamping Bella. Click here to see my supply list.)

I met Robyn in Colorado in 1999 when I was her son's 3rd grade teacher. Two years later, she became a 3rd grade teacher at the same school. We've been BFF ever since! I was devastated when I had to move from CO to MA. I miss her soooooooooo much!

The first photo is of me and Robyn in Robyn's classroom a few days before I moved. Robyn came to visit me two months later. In the second photo, we are in Cheers in Boston.
That summer, we planned our family vacations together. We went to Maui! The first photo shows us poolside. In the second photo, we are at The Plantation House to celebrate my 20th wedding anniversary with Rick. Robyn's parents were also there, as was my brother, Bill, and my SIL/BFF Lori (whom you know as scrapinglori on SCS).
I went to CO for Robyn's 40th birthday. We hit our favorite restaurant and then spent a few days in Beaver Creek with Robyn's mom. In the bottom photo, we are on Maui again. And yes, I get really dark in the sun! (Robyn, we MUST go back to Maui! Busy tomorrow? LOL)
This is such a sentimental photo for me. Here Robyn and her husband, Justin, met my grand-daughter, Emma Grace, when Emma was one day old. How sweet is that? The blank spot is for a new photo I plan to take when Robyn comes to visit me in two weeks! We haven't seen each other in two years, so this visit is long overdue.
Pinky, thanks for such a fabulous challenge!

Robyn, I'm counting the days!

4 comments:

Christy Lynn said...

Totally cute pages, Vicki! I've got a layout that I started about two months ago and I need to finish it...I was already planning to use a Ketto on it even before the challenge was posted. Maybe I'll actually get that done this weekend!

Lori said...

What a great job you did on your layouts. I got all choked up when I saw my picture. That was a great trip. I didn't know that there really was a Cheers. We will have to go there. Tell Robin I said hi when you see her.
Hugs,
Me

arlene said...

Your layouts are great. You must be so excited to see your friend. Enjoy the time you'll have together. No matter how long it is, it won't be long enough and will go by too quickly.

Sparkle said...

What gorgeous layouts! And fun memories. I know you'll have a blast when she comes out.