Sunday, June 7, 2009

Cherry Blossoms

This is for CCBJ14. Janet's challenge was to make a sympathy card. The timing was perfect~or not so perfect~since I needed to make a sympathy card. I used SU's Soft Summer stamp set. I just love these cherry blossoms! (These trees are all over Boston, and they are breathtaking!) I was excited to use my first 2-step stamp, until I realized that Copic markers don't work well with this technique because the ink dries too quickly. So I ended up stamping just the second layer and colored it in with my Copics. The embossing lost its glossy sheen where it was touched by the markers, but it's not too noticeable. (Click here to see my list of supplies.)
I can't take any credit whatsoever for this card! My sweet friend, Christy, sent me the following card for Mother's Day. I totally fell in love with it, which is why I ordered the stamp set. I begged her for a step-by-step tutorial, as I had never done any 2-step stamping or embossing. She kindly explained it all to me. Thanks, Christy! And what did I do in return? I stole your card idea! LOL At least you know I really love the card you made for me!

2 comments:

Christy Lynn said...

I think your card looks great, Vicki! My design was so super-simple, I don't even know if it counts as stealing to use it again :)

Sparkle said...

Your card is so elegant and peaceful. Great job at those new techniques!