Friday, May 22, 2009

Uptown Girl

Janet issued an awesome challenge this week: her theme was "Rock Music." Well, I have been a Billy Joel fan for 30 years. (Yes, I really am THAT old! LOL) My first Billy Joel concert was when I was seven months pregnant with Brittany. Yes, our seats were in the very top row. Yes, I had to use the ladies room every twenty minutes. Yes, I finally gave up and just sat on the bottom stair. And yes, Brittany is now a Billy Joel fan, too! A few years ago, the kids bought Rick two tickets to see Billy Joel. Thankfully, Rick chose to take me. :) Let me tell you, Billy Joel can still rock and roll! It was the best concert we have ever attended!

Anyway, I knew I had to make a card for this challenge based on a Billy Joel song. Is this Bella (ipodabella) not the perfect "Uptown Girl?" (Click here to se my supply list.

Janet, thanks for a fun challenge!

5 comments:

Janet said...

awwwwwwww what a fantastic card! love the story too:) I love billy joel!!
hugs

Lori said...

I love Billy Joel.I have his CD in my car. So, all I have to do is push the button and there he is. I would love to see him in concert. Your card is way too cute.

Jenn said...

I love Billy Joel too! And "Uptown girl" is one of my all time faves! Your card is absolutely fabulous! Love the pink and black color combo! :)

Valems said...

That was a fun story! Thanks for sharing! I love the Bella image you used and I love the ribbon a lot, too.
Thanks for joining us at Corrosive challenges this week :)
Vanja

Melissa Craig said...

My favorite song by Billy Joel is STILL ROCK N ROLL TO ME! Love that song!!

This is a great card! Thanks for playing along!