Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Come Tiptoe Through The Tulips With Me...

The Boston Garden is one of my favorite places. Did you know that it was the first public garden in the country? That's one of the cool things about Boston~it hosts many of this country's "firsts." Everyone knows how beautiful the famed New England autumns are. Springtime is almost as gorgeous, especially in The Boston Garden. That's where Rick, Brittany, Emma, and I spent Saturday afternoon. 

I don't know why I have a thing for taking photos through tree branches, but I do. It must be  because I like the lighting effects and cool angles I can find. This one is of the Customs Tower in downtown Boston. It was my favorite branch shot of the day.
The cherry trees, pansies, and tulips in The Boston Garden were in full bloom~a palette for the eyes and soul!





Emma loved walking on the "special sidewalks."
Make Way for Ducklings is a famous children's book written by Robert McCloskey in 1941. It won the Caldecott Medal in 1942, and has sold over 2 million copies! It tells the story of a pair of Mallard ducks who raise their family on an island in The Boston Garden's lagoon. If you have ever been to Boston, it really is a must read! Here is the island feautured in the book, inhabited my numerous ducks and their families.
Emma enjoyed pointing out the mama ducks and their ducklings.
The city added bronze statues of Mrs. Mallard and her eight ducklings, depicting an illustration from the book. Every child who walks through the garden feels compelled to sit on the statues. Some of the adults do, too~but I played nicely and let the real kids enjoy them. :)
The infamous Swan Boats give you a short ride across the lagoon, circling the tiny island. They were closed when we got there, so we definitely have to go back!
 This is my favorite photo~the three girls and the purple tulips!
I love the expressions in this photo! Emma is having the time of her life, and Rick is thinking, "You're STILL taking photos?" This was literally my 137th photo of the day! LOL
We didn't actually tiptoe through any tulips~though at one point Emma did fall into one of the tulip beds, so does that count? Either way, Tiny Tim's rendition of "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" is gonna be playing in my mind for days!

1 comment:

Christy Lynn said...

I love that Tiny Tim song, I think it's hilarious! You know, I don't think we get tulips on Okinawa, maybe it's too warm here for them? After seeing your pictures, I want to visit Boston! I've never been anywhere in that part of the country. When Ree and I go back to the States, I'll make sure we do a trip up to where you are so we can meet in real life (wouldn't that be fun?!) and see the beautiful tulips!!