Thursday, May 28, 2009

Such a Hoot!

This week, Hope's Bella's Twisted Challenge challenge (BTC5 on SCS) was to use brown and orange, and to make a non-rectangular card. I taught 3rd grade, so I do know that a square in technically a rectangle. But I don't teach 3rd grade anymore, so I can pretend that my square card is, indeed, non-rectangular. LOL I used Branching Out Owlies by Tiddly Inks. Isn't this stamp adorable? I also played with embossing, which is a new technique for me. I tend to be really messy with glitter and embossing powder~messy as in I look like a 3rd grader when I'm done because the glitter and embossing powder are literally everywhere, like in my hair, my eyebrows, my nose, my floors and walls, etc. (So the title can refer to the card, or to the visual image you now have of me using glitter and embossing powder.) Alas, my friends Hope and Christy have inspired me to break out of my rectangular comfort zone and try new things! So I've been practicing, but I am still a 3rd grader at heart. :) 
(Click here to see my supply list.)
Thanks for another fun challenge, Hope! 

6 comments:

Lori said...

You are way too funny!!! Love those little owls. Missed you this morning :(

Christi said...

Too cute!! I love those owls!!

Sparkle said...

This card is just darling. The owls are adorable...and I don't own them. Guess we're even on the enabling, lol.

Janet said...

what a darling card! i love it:)
hugs

Chichiboulie said...

I love your non-rectangular square card... simply adorable!

And now it's your turn to bare all if you dare and want to play along. I've tagged you on my blog!

Laurel said...

Oh my, so cute!