Thursday, May 14, 2009

Simple Pleasures

For this week's Bella's Twisted Challenge (BTC3), Hope asked us to use any blue and any yellow. The twist was that we couldn't use designer paper. That was truly a challenge for me, as I love DP! This was another fun challenge, Hope~thank you!

The CTMH cardstock has a white core. After I ran the blue through the Cuttlebug in embossing folders, I lightly sanded the embossed surface. This exposed the white core beneath the color. I like the effect. Of course, I had to add some bling! I went for two different colors of Stickles and some Bella's dots. (For a list of supplies, click here.)

As I strolled through The Boston Garden last weekend (see the following post), I was reminded of the pleasure to be found in simple things: duck families, cherry blossom trees, the sounds of birds singing and of children laughing, the joy that the scent of a single flower can bring, the simplicity of the startling beauty of a tulip. May you take a moment or two today to enjoy one of life's simpler things. 

3 comments:

Sparkle said...

Your card is darling! I'll have to play with sanding my paper more!

Chichiboulie said...

beautiful work as always.

i agree with you on the simple pleasures. i took an early morning bike ride last weekend while the rest of the world was sleeping. it was a wonderful experience just soaking in everything i came across in terms of nature and wildlife.

Angie Williams said...

Oh this looks so great! Love your cards Vicki!