Thursday, May 21, 2009

Show Us Your Stuff!

That's the title of this week's Bella's Twisted Challenge by Hope. Her challenge was to decorate the inside of the card to match the outside of the card. I had so much fun doing this, but please don't ask how many tries it took!  It was one of those stamping days. I kept flubbing the sentiments. Still asking? Okay, I'll tell you~I stamped them 13 times! Wearing my glasses may have helped. I finally thought of that after flubbing 12 times. Yup, grandma brain~that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! LOL So here is the card front:
It flips open from bottom to top. Here's the inside:
I made a larger version of the butterfly from the card front, and I stamped the English translation of the Japanese Kanji phrase. I like that you can still see the Kanji phrase and the small flowers when you flip it open. The sentiments are the CTMH Kanji Phrases. The images are Wasabi Ketto and Papillon Ketto by Stamping Bella. I used CTMH's Pansy Purple and Sweet Leaf cardstock.

Thanks for a fun challenge, Hope!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Super cute! Great job on the challenge!

pat said...

Love love love this card!!
stop by by blog...I left something for you!
{hugs}

Janet said...

what a cute card! love it:)
hugs

Jamie said...

I love it Vicki!! The sentiment at the bottom is a fantastic touch.