Monday, May 11, 2009

A Memorable Mother's Day

A few weeks ago, Brittany and I took Emma to Build A Bear for the first time. Emma made a dog named Haley. When I asked Emma what she wanted to give Mommy for Mother's Day, she said, "Make kitty at Build A Bear." So the weekend before Mother's Day, Rick and I took her to make her special kitty. She helped stuff it...
...kissed not one but three hearts because she loves Mommy "so so much..."
...tucked the hearts inside the kitty...
and dressed the kitty in a sundress and pink Crocs to match hers! She named the kitty Bella, which is the name of her real kitty.
All week, she kept saying, "Emma made kitty at Build A Bear." Brittany kept relying, "No, Emma, you made a dog at Build A Bear." Emma was so excited to give Bella to Mommy on Mother's Day~and she was proud to prove that she did, in fact, make a kitty at Build A Bear. 
Brennan and Keaton made the sweetest gesture~they gave Brittany a really sweet card for Mother's Day. It was one of those special moments that make a mom feel quite proud. 
Rick and the boys surprised me with a very girlie purse! I love it! 
Brittany made a beautiful card for me. She used the Tiddly Inks Javabuggs stamp, with a matching invitation to a formal tea this Saturday afternoon. We used to have tea parties when she was a little girl, and went out for a formal tea a few times when she was little. I am so excited!

And then Little Miss Emma surprised me with a very special gift: her first painting! She told me that "Emma painted special flowers for Giffy." Yup, I was teary-eyed. Aren't they beautiful? 
She gave me a special kiss, too.
Emma's favorite gift of the day was the ribbon, which she wore like a necklace. I love this photo of her profile.
And here we are, the proud Mom and her three awesome kids (Brittany, Brennan, me, and Keaton). This will probably be the last Mother's Day with all of three of my kids at home, at least for quite awhile. I love you guys more than I can say, and thank you for a wonderful, delightful, memorable day!

6 comments:

Lori said...

So sweet. Looks like you had a great day. Lexi made that same Kitty from Build a Bear. Isn't that too funny????

Sparkle said...

Glad you a had a great Mother's Day. I love your purse set too. :)

Angie Williams said...

You sound like you had an awesome day!! You have a good looking family! It is nice to have such a good photo of you and the kids for a keepsake.

Janet said...

sure does sound like you have an amazing family:) Glad you had a wonderful day!
hugs

Christy Lynn said...

Looks like you had a fabulous Mother's Day, I'm so glad all your kiddos could be there for it in person! I had to settle for talking to my mom on the computer, but hey, you do what you gotta do sometimes.

Christy Croll said...

Oh, what a great story and it sounds like a wonderful day. :) You are a lucky and loved mama...and friend. :)
Huggs,
Christy