Saturday, May 16, 2009

Daisies and Ladybugs, Ladybugs and Daisies...

Yup, I've got a thing for them. Before Brittany knew that she was having a girl, she asked me if I would design and make a custom crib quilt. If it was girl, she wanted daisies and ladybugs. If it was a boy, she wanted a Red Sox theme. You know how much I LOVE the Red Sox, but I must admit that I was thrilled to get to play with daisies and ladybugs! This is what I came up with for Emma's room. The quilt background is actually cut from one of her crib sheets. It's light green with white polka dots. I designed it (and bought extra fabric) so that it can become the centerpiece for a twin or full-sized bed quilt when she graduates from her crib. I also made some extra little pieces to hang on the wall above her crib.
So imagine my squealing-like-a-little-girl delight when I saw this new spring Tilda! She hit my cart in record time! I made this card front to match Emma's room. I think I'll hang it on Emma's matching ribbon board.
I can't wait to color her with different colors. So if you all start getting ladybug Tilda cards from me, you'll know why! LOL

Have an awesome weekend!

3 comments:

Sparkle said...

Very cute! I love the bright colors and she'll be so cute in Emma's room!

Hope Spencer said...

She's so cute! I love the color combo. I just bought her yesterday at my LSS and I'm hoping to ink her up soon too. Adorable, Vicki!

Christy Lynn said...

The quilt and wall hangings are soooo stinkin' cute, Vicki, I love 'em! I kinda wish I knew how to quilt, but I already have too many hobbies!