Friday, May 22, 2009

Classy and Fabulous

Em provided a great sketch for this week's Bellariffic Friday Challenge. Here's my interpretation of it:
(Click here to see my supply list.) 

This stamp (Peekaboobella by Stamping Bella) totally reminds me of my mother. I well remember her silk stockings~the kind that required garters. Although I never saw her in it, I know she had a corset (or the 50's version called a girdle). In fact, there's some funny story about a small-claims lawsuit and my father parading her defective corset through the courtroom. Yes, she's gonna kill me. But she won't see me until August, and maybe she'll forgive by then, right Mom? I love you!
Anyway, my mother really is classy and fabulous. This is one of my favorite old photos of my parents and my dad's mom, taken in the mid-1950s. I am sure she was wearing those silk stockings, but I doubt she needed a corset. Look at her!
She is still beautiful, still classy, still fabulous!
Love you, Mom~see you soon!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

You are right...this card is classy & fabulous! :) Love your coloring...you did a fab job with the sketch! :)

pat said...

Vicky, your card is darling! I love that sketch.