Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Case for CASEing

Woo hoo! My sweet friend, Christy S., is Bella's Featured Stamper for May! The BSF7 challenge was to CASE (copy, changing at least two things) a card made by Christy. I needed three cards, so I CASEd her three times. I hope that doesn't mean I was stalking her! LOL

First, I needed two graduation cards for sisters: one graduating from high school, one from college. I don't have any "graduation" stamps, so I had to improvise. I thought a cheerleader would be good for the high school girl. Click here to see Christy's Pompomabella card that I CASEd. I changed the sentiment, used a pink stone instead of a rhinestone, and used Copics instead of Prima pencils.
I rememeber feeling "on top of the world" and ready for life's grand adventure when I graduated from college, so I thought that Cruiseabella would make a great card for the college girl. Click here to see the card I CASEd. I changed the background a bit. I don't have the stamps she used for the background, so I inked a Cuttlebug embossing folder to get a similar effect. I changed the sentiment and used Copics instead of Prima pencils.
I can't show you the third card yet~the person for whom I made it will surely see it here, and I want it to be a surprise! I'll post it after I give it to her.

Christy, CONGRATS on being this month's BFS~and thanks for the inspiration!

4 comments:

Hope Spencer said...

Great job, Vicki! I love the colors on the cheerleader card!

Lori said...

Those are perfect graduations cards. They are going to be a hit.

Sparkle said...

How darling! I love them all.

Laurel said...

These are great cards!