Tuesday, April 28, 2009

La La La La Elmo's World

That's right~Elmo's World! The Burns girls took a stroll down to Sesame Street (aka Boston University) to see Sesame Street Live: Elmo Makes Music. It may not have been a Broadway show, but it sure was fun~especially for Miss Emma! Even though the show wasn't until 5:30, she repeatedly announced that "Emma's ready to go!" right after lunch. When it was time to go, she grabbed Abby Cadabby (Sesame Street's resident fairy) because, as Emma stated, "Emma needs Abby." 
Check out her little sandals! Aren't they the cutest? I love this photo of her touching the butterflies and saying "So, so pretty!"
Brittany, Emma, and Abby rocked along to the alphabet song!
And here is Emma enjoying her favorite moment of the show~the cotton candy! Her Uncle Keaton got her started on cotton candy last summer at the zoo. The minute we walked into the arena, she spotted it. She informed us, "Emma need that candy!" I can't really blame her, though. I remember my mom indulging in it every time we went to Disneyland when I was a little girl, and she got me hooked on the stuff. And I remember Brittany falling in love with it when we took her to the circus when she was two. Perhaps it's genetic. So maybe Emma really does "need" it! LOL
Mommy bought her an Elmo balloon. There were literally hundreds of these in the arena! What is it about Elmo that makes little kids go nuts? You should have heard them screaming Elmo's name when he appeared onstage! 
And that, my friends, was our visit to Elmo's World! And now I've got to run~Emma needs to watch Sesame Street, and Giffy needs her coffee!

3 comments:

Jamie Hurley said...

Elmo is coming to our area in a couple of weeks and can't decide if Jenna would enjoy it or not (she is very shy), but I am glad Ms. Emma had a great time. Oh, and by the way, those sandals......well they just inspired me......thanks.:)

Sparkle said...

Looks like you had a great time. One of these days I'll have to take Emily. :)

Lori said...

How sweet. Love those little shoes and feet.