Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cherry Blossom Beauties

I made two cards using the same stamp: Wasabi Ketto (Stamping Bella). The first one is for BCC73 on SCS. Hope's challenge was to use red, with the optional twist of using an edge distresser. Well, the edge distresser didn't work well with this paper, so I decided to skip the twist this week. Instead, I played with some more of the glitter that Hope sent me! Speaking of glitter, I still had some burning questions about glitter as I sat down to make this card. Now I have the answers: 1) How much glue should be used? Answer: not this much! I still glue like an 8-year-old. 2) How much glitter should you put on top of the glue? Answer: not this much! Apparently, I glitter like an 8-year-old. 3) How long does does it take for the glue/glitter mound to dry? Answer: WAY longer than I gave it! Seems that I have the patience of an 8-year-old, too.  LOL
Paper: Cherry Blossoms by My Mind's Eye
Accessories: Copics, Copic Spicas, Nestabilities, Blingz in Mello Yello and Pixie Dust, Stampendous Jewel Glitter in Red, CTMH Buttons, SU Ribbon

Here's a just-for-fun card using the same stamp. 
Paper: SU Haiku
Accessories: Copics, Copic Spicas, Nestabilities, Misc. Ribbon, Bella's Dots in Glitter Coal

TFL!

4 comments:

Janet said...

your cards are great! I use a 2 way glue pen or a quickie glue pen. they dry super fast!! :)
hugs

Jenn said...

Your cards are too cute! Love all the sparkle! I haven't gotten any Kettos yet, but one day soon I tell ya! They are just too cute for words! :D

Lori said...

You are way too funny. I bought a quickie glue pen at the Scrapbook Expo and love it. It is like a pen, so you can be precise with where you want it to go. I'm not sure how it would work on the large flowers. They look great anyway....for an 8 year old. LOL. Just kidding. Very nice.

Christy Lynn said...

At least you're consistent :) I stay far, far away from glitter because I am a total mess with it. I like Stickles soooo much better!! I'm addicted to Iridescent Ice embossing powder, so I think that fulfills my need for bling.