Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Boys Are Looking Good!

Okay, I admit it~I am a crazy Red Sox fan! I watch every game. I beg for tickets to Fenway (who needs jewelry or flowers when there are tickets to a Sox game at Fenway?!). I own five different Red Sox baseball hats. Got the sweats. Got a Schilling jersey. My SIL, Lori, even sent me a Hanna stamp set that I can color to look like a Sox girl! 

Last year during spring training, some friends of ours attended spring training with their friend, Luis Tiant (a former Sox pitcher). Luis autographed a ball for me, and asked David Ortiz to sign one for me as well! (They are proudly displayed in my otherwise girly office.) I casually mentioned that I would really love to attend spring training sometime. So for Christmas, my wonderful hubby surprised me with two beyond awesome gifts! First, a membership to Red Sox Nation, which included two Monster seats to a game at Fenway! (I'll explain that after we go to the game in August). Second, he gave me tickets to a spring training game in Florida! Yeah, baby!

So last Friday morning before the sun was even up, off we went to FL. We stayed in Tampa and visited my newlywed niece and her hubby, Jennifer and Joel. Then we headed down to Bonita Springs to have lunch with our heaven-sent friends Kristy and Brad. Lunch was great, but our visit was way too short! (Hint, Kristy~come visit soon!) Then it was off to the City of Palms Park, the spring training site  for the Sox. Clay Bucholtz opened and looked great! Papi's wrist seemed fine. Varitek seemed like his old self. It was a great game! Here's Papi on first. We were sitting three rows behind the first base line. We had great seats!
We beat the Cincinnati Reds. That's right~the scoreboard says 16-6!
Much to our delight, we scored tickets for Sunday afternoon's game against the Minnesota Twins. We had even better seats: directly behind home plate, about 20 rows back. We saw a lot of great pitchers at this game: Beckett, Wakefield, Okajima, and Papelbon (who is pictured below). This was the view from our seats! 
Here's our self portrait.
And what kind of Giffy and Papa would we be if we didn't bring home some things for Emma? Her favorite color is pink, so we bought her a pink dolphin and a little dolphin bracelet. She HAD to have a pink spring-training t-shirt, especially since it has an alligator on it. And then I saw the hat. Her room is decorated with daisies and ladybugs. So this hat was a must have!
We got home at 1:00 Monday morning. Goodbye FL sunshine, hello MA nor'easter! We got 16" inches of snow on Monday! 
For the record, this was one of all my all-time favorite gifts! Thanks, Rick!

7 comments:

Sparkle said...

I'm glad you had a great time in FL! I would love to have some nice weather. Wow, thats alot of snow...wishing for spring to be here already! :)

Lori said...

Good morning:)
You and Rick look so cute in your ball cap.Looks like you had lots of fun. Love Emma's little hat...do I see it hanging in her lady bug room soon? LOL.
And, the snow. Wow. It is beautiful. Looks like a Thomas Kincade painting. Wow. Just think you are living in a painting. Too cool.

Janet said...

how cool?? looks like you had a great time!!!
glad your back:)
hugs

Christi said...

How fun!!! You and Rick make such a cute couple and man is that one spoiled little girl! LOL How sweet!!!

Jamie said...

Vicki that looks like so much fun, I am glad you enjoyed yourself. Emma is so cute, and you and Rick are a very handsome couple.

Christy Lynn said...

Glad that you got to get out of the snow for a bit to see some cute guys in baseball uniforms :) Sounds like you had a great trip! Be on the lookout for something from me, I stamped you off some kokeshi doll images so you'll have a few to play with!

Tiddly Inks said...

Sounds like you guys had fun and it looks like a great trip. But, where is my pink dolphin???? LOL
Glad you are back safe. :)