Monday, March 30, 2009

Everything's Coming Up Tulips

The Boton Public Garden was the first public garden in the United States. It's one of the many fascinating historical sites in Boston. The garden is absolutely stunning in the Spring when the tulips are in full bloom. They are just now sprouting, but here is a photo I took last Spring.
Last fall, I talked my sweet husband into planting a ton of tulip bulbs in our yard. They are just beginning to sprout as well. I can't wait to see them!

Naturally, I fell in love with this stamp. Now I can have tulips year round. Of course, the first ones had to be colored purple!
Stamps: Tilda with Tulips and Basket by Magnolia; sentiment by AMuse Artstamps
Paper: SU Paper Garden, Barely Banana, and Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Copics, Copic Spicas, Bella's Ribbon

Now if only the real tulips would start blooming. I am so ready for Spring!

5 comments:

Angie Williams said...

So cute Vicki!!! I am looking forward to the tulips also!!

Lori said...

Those tulips are just beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures of yours. Love your Tilda card. She is my favorite. Have a great day.

Sparkle said...

Your card is gorgeous! I can't wait for everything to bloom too. Those tulips are so pretty!

Janet said...

awwww how sweet is she??? great card!!! we should have got together when i was in MA...i didn't even think..DUH! lol

Christy Lynn said...

I've been staring at tulips for a while too, I'm working on some Easter cards :) Love that picture of the flowers...I don't think they have a tulip festival here but you never know, hehe! Lee just gave me a dirty look when I suggested going to the Azalea Festival or the Iris Festival, and he's not sad that he'll be gone when the Lily Festival rolls around!