Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Kokeshi Cards

A few posts ago, I told you about the beautiful kokeshi dolls and stamped images that Christy sent to me. I had so much fun with those images and am sooooo in love with my dolls, that I decided to buy the stamp set. Here are two cards I made yesterday. IRL, I love the shiny, lacquered hair on the kokeshi dolls. That's why I keep giving them such sparkly hair on my cards. For this one, I colored one of those clear, plastic flowers with a Copic marker to match the paper. Then I attached it with ribbon and a corduroy brad from SU.
I love the edge on this one! I trimmed the top (red) layer then used the SU Scallop Edge Punch so that you can see the flowers on the right edge. I really like it because when you open it, you can still see the pretty edge.
Stamps: Four Dolls by Hero Arts; sentiment by A Muse Artstamps
Paper: Cherry Blossoms by My Mind's Eye; misc. yellow
Accessories: Copics, Copic Spicas, plastic flower, SU Corduroy Button, SU Ribbon, SU Stampin' Dimensionals, SU Scallop Edge Punch, CTM Paper Piercer, Nestabilities

That's it. No funny stories because I didn't use glitter! LOL

2 comments:

Janet said...

OH i bought these when i was in Boston!! :) I love them! I love your cards you did a great job with them!
hugs

Sparkle said...

Very cute! I love them!