Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Funny Valentine

Emma suffered from a stomach bug all last week. Needless to say, we didn't accomplish much other than a LOT of laundry. After a week, I think the bug has finally left our house! It is true~some visitors just don't know when to leave!

So we had a pretty quiet Valentine's Day. Rick and I went out for a nice dinner on Friday night. On Saturday, we made a nice dinner at home and celebrated with with Brittany and Emma. After all, Emma is the cutest little valentine! 

Here is Emma with the card we made for her mommy. Indy just couldn't resist sticking his head into the photo. 
Rick and I gave Emma a new outfit and some puzzles. 
Mommy's present to Emma was the biggest hit of all, as it should be! She gave Emma two stuffed princess dolls (Cinderella and Snow White).
Emma loved the bag as much as anything else! It has princesses all over it, with a little mirror.  
The marketing reps at Disney are geniuses. Emma is just turning two, and she already knows who all of the princesses are! Cinderella is her favorite, and that's who she pretends to be. She says that her Mommy is Pocahontas because of her long, dark hair. She says that I am Ariel because of my long, red hair. The sad part is that she wants us to sing like Pocahontas and Ariel, and our family was so NOT blessed with good singing genes! But it is nice that my granddaughter thinks I am special...

8 comments:

Angie Williams said...

She is darling Vicki!! Glad you are all done with that bug and enjoyed Valentine's Day!

Jamie H. said...

What a doll! I would have been happy with the card myself!:) I am glad you are all feeling better.
Now I wish I were.......:(

Lori said...

Too cute. Sounds like Emma had a great Valentine's day. What??? You can't sing like Ariel. LOL.

Sparkle said...

Emma is just too cute. I'm glad you guys had a great weekend.

Janet said...

so glad emma is feeling better!! Looks like you had a great day, she is toooooo cute:)
hugs

Christi said...

OMG! She is the sweetest Valentine!! :)

Jamie said...

How fun I love the princess stage. Sammy is leaving it just in time for Hannah to start it. Emma is adorable glad she is feeling better.

Courtney said...

Oh, poor you! The stomach bug is AWFUL! I'm so glad it's gone!

What a cutie patootie. Glad you were able to enjoy Valentine's day anyway!