Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ice Dancers

My DH filled my stocking with some Tildas. Of course, there were several skating ones! I love this one. When I was little, my mom made my skating dresses, and my tights were always "nude" colored and shimmery. The rink where I skated had long benches where I would sit to lace-up (I trimmed the sled stamp to look like a bench). The sentiment reminds me of how I have always felt about skating. So this card really reminds me of my childhood!
Stamps: Ice Princess Tilda and sled by Magnolia, sentiment by Verve
Paper: DCWV Winter Matstack
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: SU Felt Flurries, Bella's Dots in Glitter Platinum

One of my favorite places to skate is on the 5-acre frozen lake in Keystone, CO. It is breathtaking! That's where I imagine this Tilda to be...
Stamps: Tilda on Skates and Sled by Magnolia, sentiment by Verve
Paper: DCWV Winter Matstack
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: Bella's Dots in Glitter Sky, CTMH Paper Piercer, misc. ribbon

My SIL, Lori, sent me this background stamp for Christmas. She knows how much I love winter, and that this stamp will be put to good use! This is where I want to live someday...
Stamps: Skating Tilda and Winter House Background by Magnolia
Paper: SU Ski Slope; misc. pink and brown
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: Shimmerz in Angel Wings, Liquid Pearls in White Opal, Stickles in Icicle, 3-D Dots

Once again, I am dying to lace-up and skate!
TFL!

2 comments:

Janet said...

OH MY!! how amazing are these cards!! I need to play with my Tildas more!! Once i am caught up i will! You have inspired me:)
hugs!

Tiddly Inks said...

Awww, they are super cute. I always get freaked out by that saying at the top though...about every day being your last. LOL

So ignore my neurosis, and kudos are the adorable cards. :)