Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Precious Heirloom

My parents gave this rocking horse to Brittany for her first Christmas. I have saved it for her for 24 years. Amazingly, it was never damaged in any of our moves. We just dug it out of the storage closet and Emma LOVES it! It's even sweeter because my dad is gone now and he would have loved seeing Emma ride this! Here are photos of my parents with Brittany and the rocking horse on Christmas Eve 1984. Brittany was four months old. 

Here's a video clip of Emma riding the horse. She is 22 months old.
video

5 comments:

Christy Lynn said...

Hey Vicki, do you know my friend Liz? 'Cause she threw a birthday party for her dog too, I saw pictures! (It was before I met her.) Liz is the one who gave me the make-your-own dog treats that I made for Vader's birthday, hehe!

Gotta say I love the rocking horse pictures. When I was a toddler I had one of those horses that's on springs...one of my mom's favorite baby pictures is me up on Hi-Ho Silver (that's the horse)...nekkid. Apparently I liked to RUN as soon as she got me out of the tub every time I got a bath :)

I don't think either of us needs therapy for treating dogs like members of our families, because that's what they are. Maybe we just need that margarita...

Courtney said...

Awwww, how SWEET! I wish my parents had saved things like that for me... and my children. :)

Laura Evans said...

what a great story Vicki!!!!

Christi said...

What a wonderful story and awesome pics!!!

Lori said...

sniff. That picture of your dad brings tears to my eyes. I miss talking to him.