Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Few Bellas

This one just makes me laugh! I have a friend (actually, she's my DD's friend and co-worker, but I think of her as my friend, too) who lives here in MA. Last spring, while it was still snowing, she wore flip-flops to work and announced that she was no longer participating in winter. It just cracked me up! She recently celebrated her birthday, a day when we got 8" of snow. So I just had to make this card for the girl who doesn't like to participate in winter even when it snows on her birthday! Kinibella is standing on snow instead of sand! LOL
Stamp: Kinibella by Stamping Bella
Paper: DCWV Winter Matstack, misc. brown
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: SU Felt Flurries, Bella's Dots in Glitter Gold, Bella's Favorite Ribbon in Cotton Candy, Stickles in Cotton Candy, Liquid Applique, Embossing Gun, CTMH Paper Piercer, Nestabilities

This is for BCC61 on SCS~a monochromatic card. I made this birthday card for my niece. I thought it was the perfect accompaniment for the Arbonne cosmetics that I gave her. I didn't realize that the photo was out of focus until after I mailed the card, so this is the best view I have. 
Stamps: ohsoprettybella and sentiment by Stamping Bella
Paper: SU Paper Flowers and misc. purples
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: SU Ticket Corner Punch, Bella's Dots in Glitter Dark Lilac, Taylored Expressions Ribbon

TFL!

10 comments:

Laurel said...

Fabulous! Love Kinibella in the snow!

Janet said...

LOL that kinibella card is so cute!! great cards!!!

Jamie said...

These are adorable Vicki, I realy love the snow card. I want to move to a warmer place so that I can wear flip flops year round, haha.

Lori said...

Your cards are so cute. Your friend ought to get a good laugh out of your Kinibeela card.

ChichiBoulie said...

I love that kinibella card and your friend sounds like a lot of fun!

did you know I go to MA every summer... but do avoid the winters! (although I miss snow)

Margie said...

Your cards are so cute!
I love Kinibella in the snow - I'm starting to get tired of the winter already too! and we've only had a total of 4 1/2 inches of snow! lol!

Christy Lynn said...

Love the story about your friend who refuses to participate in winter, lol! Whenever the weather got icky, one of my good high school buddies would stare up at the sky and holler, "God, I have a problem with this! Can we get some sunshine please?"

Sparkle said...

How fun! Love the kinibella card!

Janet said...

Oh...you have an award on my blog! check it out:)
hugs

llevans said...

The story about your friend not participating in winter is cute! She will love the card!