Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bella Bash Challenges

On Wednesday night, I enjoyed this month's Bella Bash on SCS! It's always fun to chat with the sistahs and to participate in the challenges. 

First up was Laura's challenge to make a valentine card for your BFF. Well, I can't tell you who she is because she will see this and it will spoil the surprise! I love this new CTMH paper!
Stamps: huggybellas by Stamping Bella; sentiment by SU Short & Sweet Set
Paper: CTMH That's Amore
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: Bella's Dots in Glitter Dark Cocoa; brown thread, sewing machine, misc. ribbon

Jamie's challenge was to make a card inspired by your favorite love song. Well, I used the song "When I Said I Do" (by Clint Black and Lisa Hartman Black) on a card I made for my 25th Anniversary last summer. I didn't want to use the same song, so I chose another favorite: "Baby, Baby" by Amy Grant. (This is the ringtone on my phone when my kids call!) Now, you all know that I am head-over-heels-in-love with my granddaughter, Emma Grace. And you may also know that a photo of her in her ladybug costume inspired the Tiddly Inks stamp called lovey HuggABugg. So I combined these two things and made this valentine for Emma, using a line from the song:
Stamp: lovey HuggABugg by Tiddly Inks for Stamping Bella; sentiment written by Amy Grant
Paper: CTMH That's Amore
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: Shimmerz in Angel Wings, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, CTMH Paper Piercer, misc. ribbon, misc. brads

Thanks for the great challenges, Laura and Jamie!

5 comments:

Janet said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww these cards are great!!!! love them both!!

Courtney said...

I think you nailed both challenges! I love how you put the song lyrics right on your card!!

Janet said...

P.S...there is a small challenge on my blog if you wanna play:)

Angie Williams said...

Those are great cards! I missed the bash, but looked like such fun!

Laurel said...

Both cards are fabulous! I LOVE the paper, my favorite from this catalogue!