Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Well, the ice storm knocked out our power for a day, as well as our internet and cable for 4 days~so I had ample opportunity to work on cards! 

This month's featured Bella stamper is Jessica! The challenge was to pick one of her cards to CASE (copy, changing at least two things). This was not an easy task, as her gallery is awesome! Here is the card I chose. This was such an obvious choice for me! Y'all know that Glideabella is my favorite Bella since I am a skater and she was my first Bella. But Bookwormabella speaks to my heart, too~the author in me hopes to publish a stack of books this high! 
I used ribbons instead of paper strips on the left side. I used different DP. I eliminated the brads, and I added dots. Here's my version for BSF2 on SCS:
Stamps: Bookwormabella and sentiment by Stamping Bella
Paper: SU Night of Navy and Soft Sky; DCWV The Winter Matstack
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: Bella's Dots in Glitter Twilight, Misc. Ribbon, 3-D Dots, Stickles in Yellow

Next, I caught up on the last two color challenges. Hope does such a great job of adding a fun "twist" to each challenge! For BCC57 on SCS, the twist was to use Kraft paper (similar to brown paper bags). I finished my card and then realized that I had forgotten to add the twist! So I snuck in a sentiment.
Stamp: Snowbunnybella by Stamping Bella; sentiment by Verve
Paper: CTMH Clover Meadow, Sorbet, and Dutch Blue; Brown Package paper
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: Ice Stickles in Crystal Ice, Faux Snow, Stickles in Icicle, CTMH Paper Piercer, 3-D Dots, Glittered Rick Rack, SU Ribbon Slot Punch, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, CTMH Sanding Block

For BCC58 on SCS, Hope's "twist" was to make a holiday card. I think there's too much red showing. I may need to change the ribbon.
Stamps: Pia Puddingtop by Chichiboulie for Stamping Bella; sentiment by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps
Paper: CTMH Grey Flannel, Cranberry, and Ponderosa Pine
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Brilliance in Starlite Silver, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: SU Ticket Corner Punch, Misc. Metallic Gold Curling Ribbon, Bella's Dots in Glitter Gold

Finally, I caught up on the last two sketch challenges by Jamie Morris. Her sketches are always so creative! First up was BSC58. I made this for my son's girlfriend. 
Stamps: Matilda Muffinbread by Chichiboulie for Stamping Bella; sentiment by Stamping Bella
Paper: DP Chilly Mornings by October Afternoon; misc. brown
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: Bella's Dots in Glitter Sage, Stickles in Cinnamon, Shimmerz in Angel Wings, SU Felt Alpine Ribbon, SU Ticket Corner Punch, 3-D Dots

I love the colors on this next one! Here's BSC59.
Stamps: Daisyboardabella by Stamping Bella; sentiment by Elzybells
Paper: DCWV Christmas Glitter Matstack; CTMH Black and Watermelon
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: Faux Snow, Stickles in Coton Candy, Bella's Dots in Solid Black, SU Little Felt Flurries

TFL!

9 comments:

Laurel said...

Fabulous Bella cards!

Lori said...

You are a busy girl. Lovey your cards.

Janet said...

great cards!! i always love your work!! glad you are back!!

Christi said...

Wow! Fantastic Bella cards!!!

Chrissy D said...

YOu have been busy!!! WOW - Each one is very cute! Love the different colors and designs. TFS!

ChichiBoulie said...

they are all so pretty and shiney! :D I really love the colours you used for Mathilda.

Margie said...

Beautiful, fab cards!!!
So happy to hear that things are getting back to normal :)

Jamie said...

Vicki you always have the best sparkley cards!! they all look fantastic, glad you are back online.

Barbara said...

Your Bella cards are adorable!! I love the bookworm card....since I am addicted to books as well as scrapping....lol
And your blog is fabulous!