Friday, December 5, 2008

Stockings on Parade

When Brittany was born, I made her a felt stocking. It quickly became a tradition. I made one for each of our kids, as well as for me and Rick. The stockings are faded and worn, but my kids will not let me make new ones for them. They want the ones that they remember from every Christmas of their lives. It's sweet that they are so sentimental.

Through the years, I have made some for family members, the kids of a few special friends, and for my mom. When Emma was born, I had to make her one, too! I couldn't find a felt kit, so I made her a needlepoint stocking. All in all, I have made 30! 

About 15 years ago, I painted this stocking holder. This is my favorite Christmas decoration!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow, love the stockings and the holder! Superb! I love to paint too but just don't have the time to do it all, perhaps I should challenge myself to paint something over the holidays!

Lori said...

Lexi lover her stocking too :)