Friday, November 21, 2008

Gobblin' Good Bella Bash

On the third Wednesday evening of each month, the Stamping Bella team hosts a themed bash. This month, it was called The Gobblin' Good Bella Bash, GGBBC1. (Hope, thanks for such a fun, creative title! You are the Queen of Titles!) There were two challenges. The first was to make a card using a Bella stamp that you are grateful to possess. Well, that was an easy choice for me: it HAD to be Glideabella! Not only do  I LOVE all things skating, but she was my first Bella. My SIL, Lori, sent me a card made with Glideabella, and that started the Bella craze for me. So I am guessing that Glideabella is Em's favorite Bella, too~at least in regards to me, since she is the one that has kept my cart full ever since! LOL

Stamp: Glideabella by Stamping Bella
Paper: CTMH Aspen
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: Bella's Dots in Glitter Gold, CTMH Paper Piercing Tool, SU Little Felt Flurries, SU Ribbon Slot Punch, Gold Curling Ribbon, Nestabilities


The Second challenge, GGBBC2, was to make a card for someone for whom I am grateful, other than my husband. For me, that had to be my daughter, Brittany. She was in college in CO when we moved to MA. I was so lonely without her, as if a huge part of me was missing. She is living in MA now, and I am thrilled! She brings so much joy and fun to my life. Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of Brittany and her baby girl, Emma. (I am equally as grateful for my sons, Brennan and Keaton. But they are in college, and I don't think they'd be thrilled to have Mom send a Bella card to their dorm rooms. LOL) Brittany's favorite flower is a white daisy, so this stamp was perfect for her!

The second part of this challenge was to use my favorite embellishment. You know me~that means SPARKLE! So I was generous with my Copic Spicas and Bella's Glitter Dots on
this one! The best news is that Brittany loved the card. :)













Stamp: Content-to-be-abella by Stamping Bella
Paper: DCWV Summer Cardstock Stack and Blossoms & Butterflies Stack
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: Bella's Dots in Glitter Dark Cocoa and Bubble Gum

TFL!

5 comments:

Katie Skiff said...

Those are both cute!! I need to work on mine...I know who I am thankful for, but which bella? Yikes...all of them! LOL...

Lori said...

Oh Gosh. Look what I have done to you. Your cards adorable as usual. And, Glideabella, she is so you. Brittany's card is so sweet and what a blessing she and Emma are.
Hugs,
Me

Lorie said...

OH, my gosh! These are adorable cards...Love them!

Courtney said...

Ok, I love your cards, but your sweet words about your daugher touch my heart! She is so blessed to have a mother like you!

Chrissy D said...

You have been busy lately! Such great cards! I bought the Spica pens but have yet to use them! TFS!