Monday, October 6, 2008

Cards, Cards, and MORE Cards!

Saturday was "World Cardmaking Day." I have to be honest and say that I never knew this day existed! I was sick last week and over the weekend, and didn't feel like doing much. So I was perusing Splitcoaststampers and found out about this day. There were a lot of fun challenges and chat threads happening on Saturday. I wasn't up to the chat threads, but I did manage to complete the seven challenges. It was fun!

The first challenge (WCMDSC08) was to follow a particular sketch. Here's my card:

Stamps: Falling for You by My Favorite Things
Paper: DCWV Fall Glitter Stack; Debbie Mumm Harvest & Holidays Stack; CTMH Goldrush and Chocolate
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: Bella's Dots in Glitter Dark Cocoa, 3-D Dots, SU Round Tab Punch


The second challenge (WCMDFS08) was to CASE a particular person's card. This means to semi-copy it, changing two to three things. Here is the card I CASEd. I changed the image, using a similar one. I also changed the sentiment and the paper.

Stamp: Rain or Shine by My Favorite Things
Paper: CTMH Paper Garden
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: CTMH silver brads, 3-D Dots, SU Ticket Corner Punch, corner rounder, Sickles in Waterfall


The third challenge (WCMDIC08) was a lot of fun~it was to use the current Coldwater Creek catalog cover as your inspiration! The catalog is bright yellow with some autumn leaves in the center. Here's my interpretation:

Stamp: Daisybella by Stamping Bella
Paper: DCWV The Fall Flitter Stack; SU Barely Banana, Really Rust, and Close to Cocoa
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: Bella's Dots in Glitter Sage, Making Memories Blossoms in Bloom, Nestabilities


Challenge number four (WCMDWT08) was to make a card showing trees or leaves. I had so much fun coloring the pile of leaves in the first challenge, that I decided to use that stamp again!

Stamp: Falling for You by My Favorite Things
Paper: DCWV Fall Glitter Stack, SU Close to Cocoa
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: Misc. ribbon, 3-D dots


The fifth challenge (WCMDTLC08) involved a technique I haven't used before: nested flowers. I am not sure I like how this turned out, but I will definitely play with it again. 
This card is also for HSAC4 on SCS.
Stamp: Ballet Sophie by Hanna Stamps
Paper: CTMH Cutie Pie
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: Bella's Dots in Crackle Pink, Nestabilities, flower brad, Stickles in Cotton Candy


Challenge six was "No P's." No Patterned paper, no pastels. Keep it simple was the rule. I love the Stella stamps~she's a fairy godmother, and she just makes me laugh! I used a sketch designed by Jamie Morris for BSC49 on SCS. Here's what I did:

Stamps: Tangled Stella by Jan Dolby for Stamping Bella; sentiment by Stamping Bella
Paper: CTMH Clover Meadow and Cranberry
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: Bella's Dots in Glitter Gold, Nestabilities, misc. ribbon, Scribbles 3-D Paint in Iridescent White Mist


The final challenge was called "Lemon Lime Twist" (WCMDCC08). This challenge required 5 specific colors. I used a BSC designed by Jamie Morris. Here's what I did:

Stamps: Battiful Darling and Little Witch by Tiddly Inks for Stamping Bella
Paper: CTMH Black, Gray Wool, Colonial White, Key Lime, and Honey; DCWV Fall Glitter Stack
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Copic Spicas
Accessories: Bella's Dots in Solid Black, CTMH Edge Distresser, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Nestabilities

That's it! Whew...this was a long post! TFL

9 comments:

Hope said...

What a great day of challenges you had, Vicki! I especially love the Little Witch card and the Ballet Sophie. Your DaisyBella is just adorable too! Hope you had fun-it looks like you did!

Courtney said...

Oh my I just love all of these, but I really love how you colored your piles of leaves. I would have just thought "orange" and wouldn't have gotten creative with it! TFS!

Jenn said...

Wow, that's alot of challenges!!! :D All your cards are fabulous. I love how you colored the piles of leaves...looks amazing!!! I hope you are feeling much better, take care! :D

Lori said...

Vicki,
Your cards are sooooo adorable. Love the Ballet Sophie.
ME

Chrissy D said...

Looks like you had a very productive day! All fabulous projects! TFS!

Tiddly Inks said...

Wow!!! You were busy! LOL They are all lovely...I do love Stella; she is one of my personal favorites. :D

Sparkle said...

I love all of your cards...that MFT fall stamp is just too cute. Just another thing to get addicted too, lol.

Carolyn King said...

wow...what a great group of cards. They look wonderful. Love how you used that tab punch. Great job and hope you are feeling better!

Lorie said...

Oh, gosh! They are all so cute! You must have had a fun day! :o)