Thursday, October 16, 2008

Autumn Splendor in Bolton, MA

 The autumn colors are peaking, so I took Emma leaf hunting today! We live in Bolton, a small country town. It's almost 300 years old and is approximately 5 square miles in size. It is primarily an apple orchard town with a few farms and ranches in the mix. 

Here are my favorite photos. The first one is my house, and the next one is the view from my front porch. It's also my view while I write books. Not a bad life, huh?


This is a Maple tree in all its splendor!



These are out and about in Bolton. 




I just love this one. It's the view from an apple orchard, overlooking the two small churches along Main St. That's how you know I live in a small town~there's actually a narrow road called Main Street! No shopping, though~just the schools, police station, library, post office, Town Hall, and a few churches. The library and police station are actually in old houses!

And these are Emma's favorites!


Happy Autumn!

9 comments:

Lorie said...

Wow! Lovely fall colors! What quaint small town!

Jenn said...

Gorgeous pics Vicki!!! The trees are so beautiful and you have the best view! :D

Christy Lynn said...

Gorgeous fall photos, Vicki! I've never lived in a place where we get the changing colors like that since I lived in the South my whole life (mainly Texas). We did have some Bradford pear trees in North Carolina that would change colors, but most things just seemed to turn brown. And most everything on Okinawa is still green, green, green even though it's mid-October! Seems like instead of leaves changing color, you can tell when fall gets here because it starts raining every day, hah!

Sparkle said...

I love the colorful leaves...and the pic of the cow, lol.

specialcraftmom4 said...

Wow, what a beautiful area! You need to host a stamping weekend retreat...hint, hint, hint, LOL! Thanks for sharing those gorgeous pictures (:

Lori said...

I love your house. It looks like the doll house that Jennifer used to play with, only it didn't have those gorgeous trees around it. Someone mentioned a scrapbook retreat...count me in if it ever happens.
Hugs,
Me

Chrissy D said...

WOW! It is soo beautiful there! I could see a lot of inspiration coming from that porch! Praise God for creating such a beautiful scene!

Lori (Pinky66) said...

Vicki - your little neck of the world is gorgeous!! Isn't this time of the year glorious! Thanks for posting these amazing photos. Happy Autumn Sistah!

Hope said...

Beautiful pictures, Vicki!