Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Simple Sketch

Here's another one....one of my favorites.




You could dress me to the nines
and then take my photograph
Airbrush out the flaws and lines,
add the features that I lack.
I could primp, I could preen
but all that would be seen
is just a simple sketch of everything that He
wants me to be.

And if you could commission
a Van Gogh or a Monet,
a masterful rendition
of my face he might portray.
I could pose, I could sit
but still in the end it
would be a simple sketch of everything that He
wants me to be.

"A picture paints a thousand words," or so the saying goes;
so I paint my soul on canvasses of poetry and prose...

When this portrait session ends
He'll stroll through my gallery; 
portraits hung for my defense 
of my faith's reality.
So I hope and I pray
that these words will display
more than a simple sketch of everything that He
wants me to be.

So I hope and I pray
that my life will display
the One that gave His life for me
so that someday I might be
more than just this simple sketch.

Written by Vicki Burns. 
Copyright © 2006-2008 by Bibleshareware.org, Inc. 
All rights reserved. www.Bibleshareware.org

No comments: