Sunday, September 7, 2008

Needlepoint Fun

Here are a few needlepoint projects I have made. 

This was the very first thing I needlepointed. Of course, it had to do with skating! 

When we lived in CO, our home was very lodge-like. It blended in quite well with CO. Now we live in MA. The lodge-look doesn't fit so well here, but we still love it. We hope to live in a log home someday in the beautiful mountains of Breckenridge, CO.



Besides the Christmas stockings I have made (I'll post those at Christmas), this is my absolute favorite needlepoint project. When I lived in Boulder, CO, I shopped at a needlepoint store in a very small town. The woman who owned it became a dear friend~her name is Edith, but she's gone by "Mugs" her whole life. (A nickname lovingly bestowed upon her by her late father.) Mugs' mother, Tim, is an absolute doll! In her 70's (she's in her 80's now), she was still hand-painting needlepoint canvasses for Mugs' shop. She would drive around CO taking photographs, then would use the photos to paint her canvasses. The Flatirons of Boulder are stunning~they compose a beautiful slope on the eastern side of the Rocky Mountains. Anyway, Tim took a photo of them in the fall and hand-painted this canvas for me. I just love it...


That's it for now. Thanks for looking!

No comments: