Monday, September 1, 2008

46 Years Young!

It is so nice to have a weekend birthday! Rick and Brittany were both off of work, so we got to spend the whole day together. It started by sleeping in, which I love to do! Then Rick was a good sport and went to Michael's and the mall with the girls. It wasn't all drudgery for him, though~we ate lunch at The Cheesecake Factory! While Emma napped, Brittany and I scrapbooked. It's so fun to do that with her. In the evening, we went out for a dinner of appetizers and dessert ('cause you know that on your birthday, the calories and fat grams don't stick to you!). Then we watched a movie. 


















We scrapbooked more on Sunday afternoon. Then we drove to Amherst (@90 minutes each way) to have dinner with the boys. Emma enjoyed her first grilled cheese sandwich. It was a hit!

















Brittany and Emma gave me a combined birthday/Christmas gift: 2 tickets to see Carrie Underwood in October! I am SOOOOOOO excited! Brittany and I will go. Her friend, Kristen, will watch Emma until Rick gets home from work. Did I mention that I am SOOOOOOO excited?

































Rick and the boys went in together for a BEAUTIFUL Coach purse for me! I LOVEY it! It's is burnished leather in the most beautiful shade of grey. Check out Rick's face~he was pretending to be sad about the purse (the kids were teasing him about how much he put in versus the boys, who are poor college students! LOL) Did I mention that I LOVEY it?

Today I was able to spend a few more hours scrapbooking. I made a lot of progress this weekend! Tomorrow, it is back to work! 

Thanks to all of you for sending me you sweet birthday wishes!


3 comments:

Lori said...

Wow. I am jealous!!! Tell Rick and the boys that they did "GOOD". And, Carrie Underwood....I lovey Her. So, glad that you had a great BD.
Hugs,
Lori

sparkplug17 said...

I love your purse! I'm glad you had a great birthday!

Sorry I didn't write back to you sooner. The thin EZMount is just as good I think. CC Designs mount their stamps on thin EZMount and they still stamp fine for me. But I'm sure you're like me in the sense that everything has to match. So if you go that route, then all of your Bellas will have to be mounted that way. Anyhoo- glad you had a great weekend! Love, Sparks

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday!!! I lovey your purse too, it's so pretty! :D