Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cyber Bridal Shower

On Tuesday, a bunch of Stamping Bella addicts enjoyed a cyber bridal shower on SCS for Sparkle! It was SO MUCH FUN! Congrats, Sparkle! Part of the fun included three card challenges. 

Challenge #1: Create a card using something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue
The author in me couldn't resist telling a story with this one! Rick and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary in August, and this was the perfect theme for a card for that event. Here's the story:

Something old: the ribbon in the upper left corner is from the garter I wore at my wedding; also, a picture of us as a bride and groom in 1983! Pink and grey were our wedding colors, and all of the paper is pearlized. I paper pieced the bridal gown with pearlized paper. too.

Something new: a picture of us as grandparents now, holding our sweet grand-daughter, Emma; also, everything I used to make this card is new except for the garter bow.

Something borrowed: the quote on the top is from "our" song (written by Clint Black and called "When I Said I Do") The quote reads, "When I said I do, I meant that I will 'til the end of all time Be faithful and true, devoted to you That's what I had in mind when I said I do."

Something blue: Along the bottom edge of the card, there are 4 strips of ribbon, representing our four kids: one pink, three blue; also, the garter bow was blue, but is now quite faded.


I used pearlized paper in the colors from our wedding (pink and gray), liquid pearls, Stickles, Bella's pearl bonbons, and Bella's ribbon.

Challenge #2: Since the bride's name is Sparkle, we had to create a card with as much "sparkle" as possible! Mine is SO over the top, but was so much fun to make! I used CTMH Blue Ribbon paper, Bella's Dots in Glitter Blue Sky, Stickles, and glittered rick rack.


Challenge #3: Make a card using Sparkle's wedding colors: white, bamboo, and cranberry. I used CTMH paper, ribbon, Stickles, and I inked a Cuttlebug embossing folder.


Jamie and Laura~THANK YOU for such a fun party!

1 comment:

Hope said...

These challenges were too fun! You did an awesome job on them. Congratulations on your win!